1.25.2008

Explorations and excavations: 365




I'm finding that, as the project goes on, I'm trying different things...
Looking at the complete set feels a bit schizophrenic,
but I have to keep reminding myself that this isn't about creating a set of finished pieces,
but trying new ways of working and keeping myself in a creative flow that enhances my work.

What do you all think?

A few notes about concept here: I really wanted to use the brush strokes (both the circular and zigzag) but they felt way too stark on their own. And ironically, the drawing I placed in the frame was just too detailed so I turned it into a silhouette and from there it felt better visually. I'd given myself an implied editorial assignment "cancers that strike women" and ran with that, adding in the dna inspires strip andd the red cross. Was it successful? hmmm.

0 comments: